Grand Convention at Philadelphia, May to September, 1787, Quill Project 2021 Edition.
Committee charged with creating a Constitution based on the resolutions agreed by the Convention.
To see the full record of a committee, click on the corresponding committee on the map below.
Wilson's initial constitutional framework drawn up.
We [+e675665]The People of the States of New-Hampshire &C, already confederated united and known by[+e675665] do agree upon, ordain and establish the following Frame of Government as[-e675665] the Stile[+e675665]Constitution[-e675665] of the “United States of America” do, [+e675665]acc[-e675665]orda[+e675665]in declar[+e675665]g to which w[-e675665]e and establish the following Frame of Govt as the Constitution[+e675665]our [-e675665]a general Assembly to consist of [+e675667]Posterity shall be governed under the Name and Stile[-e675665] of the said [+e675665]“[-e675665]United States of America”[-e675665] of the People of the United States[+e675667]
The legislative Power of the United States shall be vested in two in two separate and distinct Bodies of Men, the one to be called the[+e675665]Branches a Senate and a[-e675665] House of Representatives, the other the Senate of the United States[+e675665]; each of which Bodies [+e675665]shall have a Negative on the otwho ha[+e675667]her [-e675667]
The Members of the House of Represe[-e675667]ntatives shall be chosen biennially by the People of the United States in the following Manner.
Every Freeman of [+e675669]
The Continuation of the Scheme [+e675669]
1. To treat of the Powers of the legislative [+e675669]
2. To except from those Powers certain specified Cases [+e675669]
3 To render in certain Cases a greater Number than a Majority necessary [+e675669]
4. To assign to H. Repr — any Powers peculiarly belonging to it [+e675669]
5 To assign, in same Manner, Powers which may, with Propriety be vested in it. [+e675669]
6 To treat of the Executive [+e675669]
7 _______ of the Judiciary [+e675669]
Miscellaneous Resolutions [+e675669]
1. Admission of new States [+e675669]
2. The Guaranty to each State [+e675669]
3. The Obligation to support the Art. of Union [+e675669]
4. The Manner of Ratification [+e675669]
5. The Manner of Alteration. [+e675669]
6. The Plighting of mutual Faith [+e675669]
To be added [+e675669]
1. How many States will be necessary to assent to this Plan [+e675669]
2. What Day shall be appointed for the States to give an Answer [+e675669]
3. Qu. whether any Thing should be said as to the Amendment by the States [+e675669]
4. As to the Introduction of the Government[+e675669] the Age of twenty one Years having a freehold Estate within the United States [+e675665]resided in the United States for the Space of one whole Year immediately preceding the Day of Election, and has a Freehold Estate in at least fifty Acres of Land